Tuesday 4 May 2010

Bird competition

Bird competition

In an effort to embrace nature, I took the step of purchasing a few bird feeders. After loading them up with bird attracting ammunition, I searched the garden for suitable locations.
I thought, one near, so that I can at least get something from watching them enjoy their little banquet and one at the back of the garden so that they can enjoy quieter more romantic meals together.
A day in...nothing..not even a nibble, ungrateful gits. I then noticed that next doors offerings number seven  feeders and it seems they are dining there.

I have no idea how to lure them over the fence and steal his trade, as I am feeling a little like someone who opened a restaurant up a side alley while mcDonalds is open on the main street.

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar situation with my paltry bird table a mere entree compared to next door's multi armed bird-feeder banquet.
    However I have found that throwing half a sliced loaf on the lawn at least allows me to enjoy watching pigeon vs crow smackdowns

    ReplyDelete